Membership for Procurement Professionals (MAPP)
The AICP incorporates the ‘Association of Procurement Professionals’. This Membership programme carries the designation MAPP (Member of the Association of Procurement Professionals).
Candidates seeking MAPP certification via the direct entry scheme will have;
- A degree from an accredited university or similar institution;
- A minimum of seven years working in procurement and supply chain management operations at management level or higher.
Cost of Membership - Direct Entry Route (Grandfathering Scheme).
Professional Membership costs only GB£190 for three years.
MAPP Membership - Direct Entry Route
Applications are accepted on the basis of the candidate's practical experience in matters of procurement and supply chain practices. Examples of the candidate’s experience and skills would include;
- Knowledge, capability and understanding of global supply chain risk complexities;
- An understanding and application of the strategic elements of procurement practices in the new age of digital communications;
- An understanding the underlying principles of procurement and supply chain management and how to manage risk;
- The design, application, monitoring and management of procurement unit performance;
- Involvement in developing a procurement code of ethics; leadership and enforcement of the code of ethics and values; the utilization and enforcement of policies and procedures associated with a procurement code of ethics and values.
- Responsibility for and involvement in the development of a corporate procurement environment;
- Experience in risk evaluation in procurement; determining risks; writing policy manuals and or contributing to risk and control manuals;
- Leading competitive tendering processes, evaluation and assessment; negotiation and award of contracts;
- Procurement training responsibilities for buyers and stakeholders;
- Procurement reporting responsibilities as a member of a strategic management team;
Click on the button below to access the application form. For details of membership by examination click on the Examination tab