Membership by Examination
Membership Examination - MAPP i.e. Professional Membership of the AICP carries the designation MAPP.
The MAPP educational curriculum meets the highest possible standards and modern practices internationally. The study programme includes discussion of the essential elements of Procurement and Supply Chain Management namely;
- The procurement function;
- Supply chain management;
- Supplier selection & management;
- Supply chain resilience;
- Competitive tendering;
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP);
- Continuous improvement self-assessment;
- Best practice analysis;
- Risk in the supply chain;
Control weaknesses in the Procurement Process;
- Establishing the Risk Context;
- How Good Practice should look;
- Measures of Performance;
- Assessing Performance – Target Levels of Achievement;
- Principles & Practices of Internal Control & Risk Management.
Learning Outcomes of MAPP
- Understand and apply best practices;
- Identify and describe the operational benefits of implementing professional procurement practices;
- Implement a supplier resilience programme;
- Implement a supplier partnership programme;
- Understand the financial terminology found in the balance sheet;
- Explain why procurement performance evaluation measures should be directly related to strategic and operational goals and objectives;
- Identify and describe the operational benefits of enterprise resource planning (ERP);
- Explain ‘outsourcing’ and identify the benefits, limitations and risks;
- Define best practice and discuss how it can be used by an organisation to improve performance;
- Define key performance indicators;
- Identify a negotiating position;
- Apply self-assessment practices to ensuring continuous management of procurement performance;
- Demonstrate an understanding of bench-marking procurement practices;
- Demonstrate and apply the major internal control requirements of the UK Slavery Act.
- Undersatnd internal control and risk management in the procurement process.
The ‘body of knowledge’ for membership is the AICP Statement on Procurement Professional Practice (SPPP).
The SPPP has been compiled from standards of excellence advocated by the Directors of the AICP. Candidates have up to two years from the date of registration to pass the exam. The exam may be taken as frequently as needed to pass. Access to the SPPP study material is available online.
Costs of Membership by Examination
The registration fee is £190.
On Line Study Materials cost £310. Materials supplied in 'Hard' copy cost £395.
To access the Application form click on the tab below. If you have a question please contact; email@example.com