Membership - Direct Entry Route (Grandfathering Scheme)
Professional Membership costs only GB£190 for three years
The Membership - Direct Entry Route' which is commonly referred to as the 'Grandfathering scheme', is for skilled practitioners. Applications are accepted on the basis of the candidate's practical experience in matters of business management, internal control, risk management, corporate governance, law and/or procurement and supply chain practices
Candidates must satisfy and substantiate the skills and knowledge requirements established by the AICP.
Candidates for Professional Membership (MAICP) - Internal Controls
Examples of the candidate’s experience and skills would include;
- Responsibility for and involvement in the development of corporate vision statements, corporate values, and leadership activities in building and/or supporting a control environment;
- Experience in risk evaluation; determining risks; writing risk policies and or contributing to risk and control manuals;
- Control assessment responsibilities; involvement in the control assessment processes and how the assessment has been conducted;
- Control design responsibilities such as preparing control design specifications, development of a control application; or procedures developed to control a business system;
- Control reporting responsibilities; member of a risk management team with risk assessment team responsibilities; preparation of risk assessment reports;
- Involvement in developing a corporate code of ethics; leadership and enforcement in the code of ethics and organisational values; the utilization and enforcement of policies and procedures associated with a corporate code of ethics and values.
Click on the button below to access the application form. For details of membership by examination click on the Examination tab